Tuesday, December 18, 2012

An Introduction to OpenStack

Earlier this month I gave a talk to the December meeting of the LUV, introducing the members of the group to OpenStack.

Unaccustomed as I am to public speaking, I wrote the whole lot out before I prepared the slides.

Which turned out to be a good thing, as we couldn't get the overhead projector to show the slides...

Luckily I had prepared some hand outs, and was able to wing the talk based on the handouts. This is the copy of the talk I prepared before creating the slides. An Introduction to OpenStack

I thoroughly enjoyed both giving the talk and answering the subsequent questions. LUV seems to be a group populated by people both smart and friendly!

1 comment:

philschl said...

"Unaccustomed as I am to public speaking..."

Martin, this is the understatement of the year. You are one of the most accomplished and celebrated speakers of our Toastmasters club!

Good on you for preparing the talk. Good preparation is an indication of experience. Only the inexperienced are unprepared.

See you tomorrow.
Philipp